Date posted: March 24, 2023
Location: 1849 Southwest Salmon Street, Portland, OR, USA
Organizes and coaches Masters Swim Team practices in compliance with club rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures competitive and developmental programs offer members the ability to learn, perform and compete in masters swimming.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures that practices are safely organized, and allocated pool space is utilized.
- Communicates scheduling changes, meet information and team updates to participants via designated channels.
- Works with Aquatics Manager to submit maintenance, housekeeping, and technology work orders as necessary for maintenance and general upkeep.
- In the event of an emergency, works with lifeguard and first responder staff to safely manage the situation.
- Enforces departmental policies and procedures as necessary.
- Effectively responds to members’ comments and concerns to include assigned sounding board comments, website comment replies, etc.
Sport Specific: Masters Swimming
- Stays up to date on techniques and industry standards of competitive swimming by taking advantage of professional advancement opportunities.
- Responsible for organizing and running assigned practices.
- Represents MAC at offsite competitions and performances within the guidelines of the Athletic Code of Conduct.
- Communicates program updates and needs to the Aquatics Manager as needed for committee input.
- Projects a positive, outgoing image and utilizes interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with members, guests, the public, and staff of all ages.
- Complies with all Club safety policies and procedures demonstrating safe work practices. Identifies and reports unsafe or hazardous work conditions. Reports all workplace injuries and illnesses to the Aquatics Manager and Human Resources.
- Promotes the MAC code of conduct in club activities and demonstrates the importance of providing extraordinary customer service to members and partners with staff.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Aquatics Manager.
- Participates in all club-related training classes.
Essential Tools, Equipment, Vehicles, and/or Machinery
Essential job functions require the use of a computer, other general office equipment and the safe operation of all pool and sports related equipment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
Essential job functions require heavy lifting of studio equipment. Work may occasionally be performed in awkward positions when setting up and taking down equipment and performing cleaning or minor repairs. Requires frequent walking, stooping, bending, squatting, and standing. Must have the ability to move easily on wet or slippery surfaces and stand on feet for up to two hours at a time. Exposure to incidents requiring the administration of minor first aid may occur.
- Two years’ experience working in a service-oriented position or any combination of education, training and experience that would demonstrate the ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Significant related experience in the field of swimming from youth to professional level.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Effective customer service skills including the ability to work effectively with all ages.
- Possession of current CPR and first-aid certifications or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire.
- Ability and skill to work effectively in a service environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to assist in implementation of long-term departmental vision and goals.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Full-time employees may choose from a comprehensive benefit & welfare package including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Facility use privileges including exercise room, climbing gym, swimming pools, and exercise classes
- Free parking
- Discounted public transportation passes
- 401(k) retirement program with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Access to Headspace wellness app
- Discounted club services and meals
The Multnomah Athletic Club believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. This position description is designed to outline primary duties and qualifications but not limit the employee or the Club to just the work identified.
How to Apply
To Apply, please visit our website themac.com/careers
Contact Information1849 SW Salmon Street
Portland, OR 97205