Date posted: March 24, 2023
Location: 2200 Andy Holt Avenue, Knoxville, TN, USA
Head Dive Coach – Tennessee Aquatics
Location: Knoxville, TN
Tennessee Aquatics is seeking a motivated, ethical, and experienced coaching professional as its next Head Dive Coach.
Based out of Knoxville, TN, Tennessee Aquatics is a unified swimming and diving team offering aquatics programming for hundreds of families in the greater Knoxville area each year. Tennessee Aquatics Diving has use of a world class training facility at the University of Tennessee. Boasting a full platform, multiple 1M and 3M boards, two dry boards with harnesses, as well as ample dryland mats, the Allan Jones Aquatic Center has everything we need to effectively coach all our athletes, from the most novice to those preparing for international competition. It’s also the perfect place to host competitions, from small regional invitationals all the way to Nationals and the 2024 Olympic Trials.
In search of our next Head Dive Coach, we are looking for an individual who is passionate about the sport of diving and believes in the value of athletics broadly as a means of personal growth and expression. The Head Dive Coach will lead the current staff and engage with our athletes daily to inspire athletic and personal development and performance. The Head Dive Coach will not be required to oversee any of Tennessee Aquatics swimming programs, but will be asked to assist in the development of the Tennessee Aquatics culture by collaboratively working with the entire staff to ensure all our athletes are positively impacted by their time with the team.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the technical development of dive staff across all diving programs and groups.
- Design and oversee the training plan for multiple groups.
- Oversee seasonal and multi-year progression of athletes in their group; set goals with divers in their group; and generally monitor the phases of development for individual divers and the coaching staff across the entire diving program.
- Work with the coaching staff, Executive Director, and Board of Directors to grow the diving team.
- Assist in the college recruiting process for high school aged athletes who choose to pursue diving in college.
- Attend, manage, and solicit opportunities for dive meets.
- Attend away dive meets.
- Establish an environment that fosters positivity, self-discipline, athlete responsibility, and good sportsmanship.
- Support and facilitate progress towards regional and national competitive success.
- Work with TNAQ’s back-office staff to ensure appropriate billing and roster management.
- Assist in the planning of the home and away meet schedule.
- Assist in marketing and fundraising efforts.
- Approve payroll and general management of dive staff.
- Maintain healthy professional relationships with the entire organization’s staff.
- Communicate regularly with the diving staff.
- Communicate regularly with the Executive Director.
- Communicate regularly with the diving membership.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BENEFITS
- 2+ years of dive coaching experience preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge, training philosophy, and ability to motivate athletes and staff towards their vision.
- Ability to work with multiple age groups and experience levels.
- Ability to work with staff, parents, and athletes to achieve organizational goals.
- Certifications as required by USA Diving, AAU Diving, or law.
- Competitive Salary
- Speedo Allowance
- Health Insurance
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Derek Paul at [email protected] We will begin interviewing candidates as soon as practical. We will continue to have the job posted and accept applications and inquiries until the right candidate is found.